BFEN sites offers opportunities for parents to build their skills as their child’s nurturer and first and primary teacher. Parents’ engaging with their children in the context of a nurturing, positive parent-child relationship, is key to children reaching their maximum potential for learning and success in life.
Our Neighborhood Centers offer a variety of parenting education sessions that supplement what facilitators demonstrate in Parent-Child Playgroups to help develop children’s school readiness. Staff and Parent Leaders/Parent Partners are trained in a variety of curricula and lead programs that cover several early childhood topics to support parenting.
• Boston Basics – parenting and caregiving from birth to age 3
• Seven Skills for School Success – social-emotional and executive functioning skills
• Mind Matters – children’s brain development
• Raising a Reader – early literacy practices
• Read and Rise – early literacy practices
• Power of Parenting
• Nurturing Programs – Family Programs, Father’s Programs
Different sites offer different programs. Regardless of the neighborhood you reside in, virtual BFEN programs are generally open to all parents across the city.Please contact your local Neighborhood Center for more information.